2/18/2011

Tokyo Fashion Festa Recap ★ FIT, Cosplay, Gothic Lolita

Well, I sometime attend this kind of event too for research. ...Wait !! don't close this window yet !! I know man, you say "whata hell is that ?!". Ok, ok, I understand your point, easy man !!! But you know me personally, I respect for this kind of cosplay or gothic or gothic lolita whatever culture either. Why not ? It's basically same on the point of view that there are enthusiastic fans who compose specific market and create related culture. What is the difference between cosplay kinda thingy and street art or designer toy or collectible toy culture ? I don't want to be a snobby person like "hah, those lame fellows are looser". No, definitely I am not or they are not, or say we are not.
You got understand my stance, so, let me introduce this fan event, ok ? I went to this Tokyo Fashion Festa at Fashion Institute of Technology aka.FIT New York on February 17,2011. Ms. Yuniya Kawamura, phd profeesor of the FIT New York, is one of pioneer schoolers who have been researching Japanese sub culture and pop culture in the US. First, she gave us presentation  about Japanese cosplay culture by the point of academic point.
Then the day's main event, cosplay fashion show begun...
I forgot her name... A professional make-up artist came from Japan to give us brief make-up presentation how to make gothic and lolita girls.
Then live make-up show... 3 artists're making up gothic girls by 3 different concepts.
Then they're after party pics. Look at these crowded place !!! FIT New York have been holding this kind of event since 2009. The purpose, I guess, will be to introduce or distribute Japanese sub culture by defining it as one of latest mode fashion formats. So I was able to see not only high school teens but also people from fashion industry. I hope our store ZacPac also encourage these customers too in future.